When I bond out of jail will my lawyer contact me?
No. You must contact your lawyer. It is important to make sure your attorney, your bondsman and the Clerk of Court always has your current address on file. The Clerk’s office mails out court notices. It is your responsibility to notify the Clerk of Court of any change of address. Do not rely on filing a change of address with the Post Office to receive your court notices. If you fail to appear because you did not provide the Clerk with your current address information a bench warrant could be issued for your arrest.

Show All Answers

1. How do I find out if I qualify for a Public Defender to represent me?
2. What type of cases does the Public Defender provide representation for?
3. If I have a family member incarcerated do I need to apply for a Public Defender for them?
4. If I am incarcerated for failure to pay child support, or if I need an attorney for a civil case, divorce case or child custody case, can I get a Public Defender?
5. If I already am being represented by a Public Defender and get rearrested, do I automatically get a Public Defender assigned to represent me on my new charges.
6. When I bond out of jail will my lawyer contact me?
7. When will I be arraigned?
8. What happens at arraignment?
9. When will motions be filed in my case?
10. When will my attorney receive the evidence that the State has compiled in my case?