Who do I contact for questions about street addresses?

Please contact Addressing Coordinator (912-554-7424) for all questions regarding addressing. How do I get a new address assigned? If this is for a new structure, most of the time the address has already been assigned when the plat for the property was split and recorded. If there is not an address assigned then we can verify the access easement, name the easement and then assign an address. How do I get my address changed? The only time we change an address is if the address currently being used is not 911 compliant. Addresses mostly run even numbers on the right hand side of the road and odd numbers on the left. If there is a complaint about the addresses currently be used, then we review the numbers being used on the street and assigned addresses that meet the national 911 guidelines and county ordinance.

Article X County Addressing System

Show All Answers

1. How do I purchase GIS data?
2. Who do I contact for questions about street addresses?
3. What flood zone is my property in?
4. Can I get a copy of a recorded plat?