- Evacuation Routes for Glynn County
- Evacuation Transportation Form
- Procedures and Information
Facing the Reality of More & Bigger Storms
This document was prepared by the Brunswick-Glynn County Emergency Management Agency, 157 Public Safety Boulevard., Brunswick, Georgia 31520.
Telephone (912) 267.5678 for information for the citizens of the City of Brunswick and Glynn County in preparing for a hurricane strike along the Georgia or North Florida coast.
Glynn County, Georgia Hurricane Safety & Evacuation Procedures
Known as "The Greatest Storm on Earth", the hurricane carries with it three highly destructive elements: storm surge, flooding and wind. The grave dangers created by these forces can be greatly reduced and need not result in death IF you are prepared to meet the threat they pose to your safety. Being prepared requires that you:
- Read this paper carefully
- Decide what course of action you need to take
- Keep this pamphlet, because the information it contains will correspond to the instructions you will receive while the storm threatens
- Listen to the local radio and/or television often for weather advisories
- Be prepared to put your plans into action. Remember, following these simple directions may save the lives of you and your family!