Short Term Rental Properties

Glynn County issues short-term vacation rental certificates in accordance with Chapter 2-31 in our Code of Ordinance for the unincorporated areas of Glynn County, excluding Jekyll Island and the City of Brunswick, effective July 1, 2021. The ordinance is intended to create a level playing field for all rentals in Glynn County, whether hotels or individual homes, by setting uniform rules for noise, parking, trash, and accommodation taxes. 

Renter unit owners will have a grace period until October 1, 2021, to comply with the ordinance by obtaining a certificate and paying any accommodation excise taxes currently due through If a renter has six or more rental properties, they also need to visit or call the Occupation Tax office at 912-554-7122 for an Occupational Tax Certificate.

If you own property within unincorporated Glynn County (outside the boundary of Brunswick) and excluding Jekyll Island and are interested in renting it for periods of less than 30 consecutive days, you are required to obtain a short-term vacation rental (STR) certificate.

You can access the short-term rental portal by clicking below to obtain a certificate or to pay the accommodation excise taxes online. Please note, you will receive a letter or email with instructions on how to sign-up online for the first time, if you are a known renter in Glynn County.

Short-term rentals' logos

Glynn County Short-Term Rental Portal

Payments for your Accommodation Excise Taxes

Payments for your Accommodation Excise Taxes can be made through this system on  a credit card with a 3% convenience fee or ACH credit directly from your bank account. At this time, the County is not accepting eChecks.

Effective October 1, 2021, we will no longer accept payments for Accommodation Excise Taxes via mail or in the Finance office as they must be submitted through this portal. Please contact the Finance Office, 912-554-7120 or MUNIRevs at 1-888-751-1911 or email at for assistance.

Payment by ACH
To pay by ACH Credit, please download the ACH Credit Form and e-mail it to support to add this setting to your account.

How do I report a complaint?

To report a complaint you can call our 24 hour hotline at 912-525-5455 or fill out a online complaint form. The hotline will document the complaint and contact the Local Contact Person to help resolve the concern. If the complaint is not resolved within a few hours of being notified the short term rental may be issued a violation.


Questions about Short-Term rentals will be handled by LodgingRevs at 888-751-1911 or email You can also call Customer Service with general questions at 912 554-7111 or email Be sure to check out the FAQs page on Short-term Rentals. 

beach umbrellas at St Simons