1% = 100% IMPACT for Glynn County
1% of all sale taxes supported by visitors and locals could contribute to improving the community infrastructure used every day by the Glynn County residents.
We have a vision, this 1% has a purpose.
What is SPLOST:
In 1985, the Georgia Legislature gave counties the option to implement a one cent Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax, known as SPLOST. A SPLOST is an optional one percent county sales tax used to fund capital outlay projects proposed by the county government and participating qualified municipal governments. The SPLOST was conceived and enacted as a county tax for funding capital projects. This tax requires voter approval and allows counties to raise funds for projects otherwise funded from other tax sources.
Who pays SPLOST:
Everyone who makes a purchase within Glynn County will have the 1% sales tax on their purchase. 44% will be received from visitors we receive to our area annually.
Why a SPLOST:
SPLOST funds are invested in projects that have long-term benefits and use for citizens of Glynn County. Residents have input on the list of projects through Town Hall meetings and Public Hearings with the County Commission. SPLOST funding also helps keep property taxes lower for citizens by allowing tourists, renters and non-residents contribute through the 1 cent tax.
What Projects are approved for a SPLOST program:
A list of approved projects is compiled by the Glynn County Board of Commissioners through a series of listening sessions and public input from the community. The final project list is approved by the Board and presented to the community prior to the referendum. GUDE Presentation
Past SPLOST projects:
SPLOST 4: 5 years, 2002-2007, 89.3 million
- Historic Courthouse – Restoration and addition of parking lot – 1.5 million
- Public Health Facility – Construction on 4th Street – 3.5 million
- Fire Station #2 – Construction of station on SSI – 2.4 million
- North Glynn Sports Facilities – skate park, tennis, basketball, walking trail, security
SPLOST 5: 5 years, 2007-2011, 96.8 million
- Pate Building Expansion – renovate 2nd floor, expand 21,450 sq ft – 4.6 million
- Village Master Plan – New pool and miniature golf, playground – 4 million
- Road Improvements – resurfacing, construction, sidewalks and bike paths – 7.5 million
- Recreation Projects – Facility improvements, fields, facilities, renovations – 3.4 million
SPLOST 16: 3 1/2 years, 2017-2020, 81.4 million
- Animal Services Facility – New building, new kennels – 3.7 million
- Veterans Memorial Park and Courthouse Parking Improvements – 2 million
- Drainage/Storm Management Projects – Island and Mainland – 5.7 million
- Road Improvements – Mainland and Islands – 15.9 million
Any questions or feedback, please email SPLOST2022@glynncounty-ga.gov. This email address will be reviewed and monitored by the County Commissioners and staff.
Phone: 912 554-7441
1725 Reynolds Street, Suite 303
Brunswick, Ga 31520