2021 Coronavirus Delta Variant Updates:
Coronavirus Vaccine Updates: For the most up to date information, go to the Georgia Department of Public Health website: https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-vaccine
4/2 Governor Kemp’s Shelter-In-Place Order
4/6 Letter from Commission to Governor Kemp
4/7 Governor Extends State of Emergency to May 13, 2020
4/8 Governor Kemp’s Ban on Short Term Rentals
4/20 Governor Kemp’s Order to Re-Open Select Businesses
4/30 DNR Exercise Only Extension
7/15 Governor Kemp’s COVID Guidelines 7/31 Public Health State of Emergency Extended
8/15 Executive Order Provisions Regarding Local Governments and Mask Requirements
8/31 Executive Order: Renewal of the Public Health State of Emergency
8/31 Executive Order: Empowering a Healthy Georgia
9/30 Executive Order: Renewal of Public Health State of Emergency
3/13 County Update 1
3/16 County Update 2 - Recreation and Parks Cancellations
3/16 County Update 3 - Meeting Cancellations
3/18 County Update 4 - Online and Distance Business
3/19 County Update 5 - Public Safety
3/19 County Update 6 - Social Distancing
3/20 County Update 7 - Covid-19 State of Emergency Declaration
3/24 County Update 8 - Non-Essential Business Closures
3/31 County Update 9 - Closures Extended/Rentals Closed
4/3 County Update 10 - Administrative Building Closures
4/3 County Update 11 - Glynn County Beaches
FAQ - COVID 19
4/10 County Update 12 - Glynn County Piers Open
4/17 County Update 13 - Republic Services Resumes Yard Waste Pick-Up
4/29 County Update 14 - Glynn County Admin Offices Reopen
7/2 County Update 15 - Face Masks in County Buildings
The below Glynn County Buildings are open to the public. Masks are required upon entry beginning July 6, 2020:
- W. Harold Pate Courthouse Annex
- Public Works Administration
- Fire Administration
- Parks and Recreation Offices
- Animal Control Shelter and Offices
- Courthouse and Historic Courthouse
The Public Health State of Emergency for Georgia is currently still in place until November 9, 2020.
As Glynn County strives to accommodate those needing to conduct business transactions with the county while balancing the need for public health awareness during the current coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we encourage our community to utilize the following methods before personally visiting any of our physical locations:
- Utilize the County’s website at to determine if transaction needs can be met online;
- Place a call to the appropriate department to determine if County staff can provide the needed service(s) without a visit to County facilities. A list of department contacts can be viewed at: https://glynncounty.org/directory.aspx
- Please see a list of updates for County Services below. For update to date information, please call our Customer Service Department at 912-554-7111.
For any county services that require in-person transactions, please follow the below guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to protect yourself and others from COVID-19:
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer when soap and water isn’t available.
- Avoid close contact. Stay home as much as possible, and when you are out, put distance between yourself and others. Continue to keep about 6 feet between yourself and others. Decals will be placed on the floors in heavily trafficked areas to encourage distancing within county buildings.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others.
Updates on County Services:
- BOC and Committee Meetings:
- Public Meetings are currently being assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Board of Elections
- Absentee Voting applications are being accepted now for the August 11, 2020 General Primary Runoff and the November General Election.
- Community Development
- Electronic receiving and outside paper plan drop will be available for people who do not want to enter building.
- Please refer to the Community Development website or call the office first to confirm if transaction needs can be met online or via telephone.
- Telephone: 912-554-7428
- For general information: https://glynncounty.org/191/Community-Development
- For Online Portal: https://portal.glynncounty-ga.gov/
- This is a new portal and you may need to create a new login and password
- County Facilities:
- The County has implemented enhanced cleaning practices and will place decals in heavily trafficked areas to encourage distancing.
- Court Services: All court hearings have been continued until further notice.
- Juvenile Court
- For questions email email@example.com.
- Magistrate Court
- For questions call: (912) 554-7250
- Probate Court
- For questions call the License Department at (912) 554-7231 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Probate Court Payments: https://www.ncourt.com/nCourtForms/default.aspx?juris=GAGlynn
- State Court
- The State Court Clerk’s office will remain open for essential functions until further notice. Critical functions in State Court will continue. Payments will be accepted both at our lobby window and online through the payment portal. Filings for civil and criminal will be processed through e-filing or at our lobby window.
- E-Pay Traffic Citations: https://gaglynnportal.tylerhost.net/Portal/Home/Dashboard/17
- Superior Court
- Juvenile Court
- For Bids and RFP announcements: https://glynncounty.org/259/Bids-RFPs
- There are data and maps available online at http://data-glynn.opendata.arcgis.com/
- Human Resource
- There is a hiring Freeze for non-public safety positions.
- Face masks are required for visitors.
- For more information and to reserve materials please visit: https://moglibraries.org/.
- Modified curbside pick-up is available. Please call libraries for more information.
- Brunswick: 912-279-3740/ St. Simons: 912-279-3750.
- Public Works:
- Republic Services will continue services as normal:
- Regular Trash and Recycling Cart services will continue as normal.
- Drop off centers are open.
- Republic Services will continue services as normal:
- Parks and Recreation:
- Indoor rentals and activities limited to 50 people or less.
- The following park facilities are open:
- Tennis/Pickleball courts
- Bocce courts
- Horseshoe courts
- Skate parks
- Batting cages
- Ball fields
- Neptune Park
- Public Safety
- Will continue their normal operations. This includes: Police, Fire/EMS, the GB-911 Center, EMA, and Animal Control.
- Tax Commissioner Services:
- The Tax Commissioner’s office will reopen to the public, but they are still processing requests via telephone and online.
- Telephone: 912-554-7000 (option 1 Tags, option 2 Property Tax)
- For general information: https://glynncounty.org/91/Tax-Commissioner
- To pay tax bill: https://glynncounty.org/505/Pay-Tax-Bill
- For tag renewal: https://eservices.drives.ga.gov/_/
- For license renewal: https://dds.georgia.gov/
- Will have a text notice option available to visitors to allow them to wait outside of the building or their vehicle.
- For more information: https://dor.georgia.gov/press-releases/2020-03-25/georgia-income-tax-and-tag-renewal-deadlines-extended
- Visit the Glynn County School System webpage for updates on school closures and drive-thru meal service.
- Visit City of Brunswick Webpage for updates on the City of Brunswick.
- Visit the Brunswick – Glynn County Joint Water Sewer Commission webpage for information on water and sewer.
- For information on Jekyll Island Jekyll Island webpage
- For more information on COVID-19, please visit Georgia Department of Public Health and Southeast Georgia Health System.
- For more information on Glynn County’s Response go to https://www.glynncounty.org//2048/COVID-19.
Keeping your workplace safe
Keeping your school safe
Keeping your home safe
Keeping your business safe
Keeping your pets safe
For more information go to the Georgia Department of Public Health