On March 9, 2018, Governor Deal signed House Bill 683 which designated $10 million to the OneGeorgia Authority (the funding mechanism for the Georgia Department of Community Affairs) for beach renourishment projects. As such, the OneGeorgia Authority is seeking to issue a one-time grant in an amount up to $2.5 million in periodic reimbursement payments to Glynn County. Funds allocated to the County may be used for necessary studies, planning/consulting/engineering activities, obtaining necessary state and/or federal permits, construction or reconstruction of beaches and/or dunes (including dredging and placement of sand), location-appropriate natural vegetation necessary to maintain dunes, construction/reconstruction of dunes, installation of rock revetments, or other activities deemed appropriate by the OneGeorgia Authority. Per the terms of the agreement, work is to be completed by April 30, 2020, or the County will forfeit the balance of funds.
- Project Permit Letter
- 2019 Project Phase Maps
- 1965 Original Project Maps
- 2019 BOC Presentations
- Project Timeline
- March 9, 2018 - Governor Deal signed House Bill 683 which designated $10 million to the OneGeorgia Authority for beach renourishment projects.
- September 6, 2018 - Board of Commissioners approves MOA with OneGeorgia Authority
- December 6, 2018 - Board of Commissioners approves the Proposal for consulting from Applied Technology and Management
- February 19, 2019 - Board of Commissioners receives presentation in work session from ATM
- March 19, 2019 - Board of Commissioners receives an updated presentation in work session from ATM
- April 1, 2019 - Project Permit Letter Sent to Army Corps of Engineers and Georgia Department of Natural Resources for approval
- Current - Awaiting approval from Army Corps of Engineers and Georgia Department of Natural Resources
- November 2019 through April 2020 - Proposed Phase 1 Construction time frame
- April 30, 2020 - Money received from OneGeorgia Grant must be used or returned to the state.