Envision Glynn: Zoning Update
• Support the implementation of Envision Glynn
• Advance the vision of local residents and businesses
• Encourage appropriate growth and promote economic development
• Balance development rights with sound planning principles
• Preserve natural resources while considering community resiliency and the impacts of sea level rise
• Ensure that regulations are easy to understand and administer
• Establish the right amount of regulation to address local needs
- Subdivision Regulations 7.25.23 - DRAFT
- Mark Up/Redline Version of Draft V1 Subdivision Regulations: July 2022
- Draft Subdivision Ordinance Version 1
- Zoning Ordinance 7.25.23 - DRAFT
- Mark Up/Redline Version of Draft V1 (showing edits from drafts V0 to V1): April 2022
- Draft Zoning Ordinance
Zoning Review Group (ZRG) Edits - as of June 20, 2022
Please email comments on the draft ordinances to: email@example.com
Draft Diagnostic Report
The Draft Diagnostic report includes a summary of relevant portions of the Envision Glynn Comprehensive Plan, as well as a series of policy and technical questions that will be explored during the next phase of the Zoning Update effort with input from the public.
Zoning Review Group Meetings.
Community meetings will be held to ask for public input on the zoning update. Please check the County meetings calendar and join us at our next meeting. Help us spread the word!
Virtual Open House
September 10-20, 2020
This online-only meeting allowed you to weigh in on potential changes to zoning and other regulations.
Zoning Update Workshop
October 5, 2019, 2:00-6:00 p.m.
St. Simons Island
This workshop began with a detailed presentation and included opportunities for in-depth public input on policy questions related to the Zoning Update
Thursday, May 9, 2019, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
This public kickoff meeting introduced the Envision Glynn: Zoning Update process, reviewed preliminary findings from the consultant team, and allowed for initial input from the community.
- October 19, 2021 - County Commission Special Called Meeting. Meeting Video, Presentation Slides, and Summary of Draft Changes.
- September 24, 2019 - Special Joint Planning Commission Work Session
- October 4-5, 2019 - First Friday and CoastFest Outreach. Outreach Results
- November 4, 2019 - Special Joint Planning Commission Work Session. Presentation Slides
- November 19, 2019 - County Commissioners Work Session. Presentation Slides
- February 11, 2020 - County Commission Work Session. Presentation Slides
- May 12, 2020 - Special Joint Planning Commission Work Session. Meeting Video and Potential Policy Solution
- May 27, 2020 Special Joint Planning Commission Work Session. Meeting Video
Stay tuned for dates of additional public meetings!
Tue, Oct 3
Mon, Oct 9
Thu, Oct 12
Tue, Oct 17
Tue, Nov 7