- Public Safety
- Sheriff's Office
- Detention Center
DETENTION CENTER INFORMATION
All incoming and outgoing mail to inmates, with the exception of legal mail, must be in pre-stamped or metered postcard form. This change is being implemented to ensure the safety and security of jail facilities, inmates and staff. Please click and read the Mail Policy Link below for more details:
VISITATION RULES1. DAY AND TIME: Visitation days are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Individual inmate’s day and times are set according to their cell location.
2. FREQUENCY OF VISITS: Inmates can only have visits two (2) days per week. Trusty’s and House persons may have three (3) visits per week. Each inmate may have a maximum of four (4) visitors during each visitation period.
3. DURATION: Each inmate will be permitted to visit each visitor on designated visiting days for a period of fifteen (15) minutes.
4. CHILDREN: No person under 17 years of age will be permitted to visit an inmate unless accompanied by an approved adult visitor. Children (anyone under 17 YOA) will be permitted to visit only on the specified days as shown on the schedule posted above. Children are permitted in the lobby area ONLY on Children’s Visitation Day. Only the biological, adopted or stepchildren of an inmate may visit.
5. SEARCH: All visitors will be subject to search pursuant to state law and may be barred from visitation privileges for cause (intoxication, unruly behavior, creating a disturbance) and removed from the inmate’s approved visitation list at the discretion of the Sheriff.
6. IDENTIFICATION AND SIGN-IN: All visitors will register at the front counter with the officer conducting visitation. All visitors shall be required to show positive identification (photo ID) before being allowed to visit. Children will not be required to have photo identification but may be required to show a copy of their birth certificate on children’s visitation day.
7. INMATE'S VISITATION LIST: As a general rule, visitors will not be allowed to visit an inmate if the visitor is not on the inmate’s approved visitation list.
8. DRESS: See Visitation Dress Code under Detention Center Information.
9. UNAUTHORIZED VISITS: Visitors shall use the sidewalks when on Detention Center Property. Visitors shall not walk across the grass and approach an inmate housing area in an attempt to communicate with the inmates. Visitors who violate this rule are subject to prosecution for criminal trespassing. Visitors may also have their visiting privileges taken away for unauthorized visits.
Funds may be deposited on an inmate’s account via the Kiosk located in the lobby of the visitation area.