Assistance for Pet Owners for Medical Care, Spay/Neuter, and more - Click Here
Please keep in mind that each organization is independent and has their own set of rules and guidelines. You will have to investigate each one separately to determine if you qualify for assistance.
Pet Food Pantries
- Glynn County Animal Service's Pet Food Pantry is open any time our shelter is open. No appointment is needed.
- Humane Society of South Coastal Georgia
- PeachState Animal Rescue Foundation, Inc., Jesup, GA
Bringing Home a New Pet
- Guide to Bringing Home a Rescue Pet
- How to Introduce a New Pet to Your Kids
- Pet Dangers: Hazards to Your Pet's Health - Hazards to Your Pet's Health
- New Dog Help
- The Association of Professional Pet Dog Trainers
- Common Dog Behavior Issues
- Interpreting Common Dog Behaviors & The Meaning Behind His Moods
Cats are sensitive to changes that often occur in a household. Here are some useful resources about cat behavior:
- Preventing Undesirable Cat Behavior
- Common Cat Behavior Issues
- What is Feline Leukemia Virus FeLV?
- What is Feline Immunodeficiency Virus FIV?
Resources for Rehoming Pets (skip the shelter!)
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY: Any advice provided by Glynn County Animal Services (GCAS) is for informational purposes only. Behavior and training advice and suggestions provided are not intended to be a substitute for the advice of a professional dog trainer or qualified animal behaviorist. GCAC expressly disclaims any and all liability, expressed or implied, with respect to the service and advice received. You should always consult your own veterinarian, pet behaviorist or other applicable professional for advice before making important decisions about your pet.