Plans and Documents
BATS develops and maintains four (4) major planning documents in accordance with the continuous, cooperative and comprehensive planning process detailed in the Fixing America’s Surface Transportation (FAST) Act, Public Law No. 114-94 and carried forward into the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA)/ Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL). The Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP), the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP), the Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP), and the Public Participation Plan (PPP). These documents are needed to meet federal, and state standards for Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs).
The Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP)
The MTP is the single most important document produced by the MPO. It governs the expenditures of Federal and State highway dollars, including priority based transportation investments to address current and long range needs.
Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP)
The Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) is adopted annually by the Brunswick Area Transportation Study (BATS) and identifies the major transportation planning activities to be undertaken for the coming year. An important element of the UPWP is the continuing update and maintenance of land use, demographic, and travel data needed to apply the regional travel demand model, which forecasts travel demands based on population and employment projections along with transportation facilities and services.
The draft FY 2024 UPWP is open for a 30-day public comment period from December 12, 2022 – January 11, 2023. The draft UPWP and comment form can be viewed by clicking on the links below:
The current BATS FY 2023 UPWP can be viewed below.
- BATS FY 2023 Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) - Final Administrative Modification #1
- BATS FY 2023 Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) - Final
- BATS FY 2023 Draft UPWP - Fact Sheet
- BATS FY 2022 Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) - Final
Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
The BATS FY 2021-2024 TIP was administratively modified to include include PI 532650- SR 25/US 17 FROM CR 415/HARRY DRIGGERS BLVD TO SR 99 - PH II with detailed project sheet. These changes were recommended by the GDOT Office of Planning on July 7, 2022. The TIP was also recommended for an administrative modification by the GDOT Office of Planning on August 8, 2022. The modification included updates to the program year for the Construction (CST) and Utilities (UTL) phases. The updated TIP documents can be viewed below.
- BATS FY 2021-2024 TIP Administrative Modification #5
- BATS FY 2021-2024 TIP Administrative Modification #4
Public Participation Plan (PPP)
The Public Participation Plan provides clear directive for agency and public involvement activities relating to BATS. The PPP must comply with federal regulations as outlined in 23 C.F.R. 450 and U.S.C. 134, with Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- 2020 BATS Public Participation Plan - Amendment _For Public Comment
- BATS Public Participation Plan Amendment - Public Comment Form
- 2020 BATS Public Participation Plan
- Brunswick City Commission Revised Recommendations - Draft
- Brunswick Transit Service Plan Summary Report - Draft
- BATS 5303 -Transit Planning Technical Memo
- Brunswick - Glynn Transit Implementation Plan - 2009
Proposed Coastal Regional Commission Transit Plan
List of Obligated Projects
Other Plans and Documents