ALL PARTIES VISITING OUR BUILDING ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK AT THIS TIME!
Due to the Order Declaring Statewide Judicial Emergency by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Georgia, The Probate Court will continue to process requests submitted by mail and while we discourage families from gathering to file probate matters in the office, we will however, accept a representative to file the estate proceedings. Further, the Court shall accept Emergency Guardianships, Temporary Medical Consents, and petitions for mental health proceedings. Please note that all deadlines and filing requirements are suspended, tolled, extended and relieved as set forth in the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court’s March 14, 2020 Order Declaring Statewide Judicial Emergency. That Order has been extended nine times, with modifications, by orders issued on April 6, May 11, June 12, July 10, August 11, September 10, October 10, November 9, and December 9, 2020. Order Extending Declaration of Statewide Judicial Emergency
Amended- This Statewide Judicial Emergency shall terminate
on April 8, 2021 at 11:59 p.m., unless otherwise extended.
Appointments for Marriage License and Weapons Carry License Applications can be made by calling the License Department (912) 554-7231 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, at
* In effort to protect our Employees and Customers, entry to this building is restricted ONLY to Necessary visitors.
* We ask that all family, and additional parties, please refrain from entry. We do encourage that if possible, please delay all application filings, not necessary at this time.
* On entry, all visitors will be requested to use the provided Hand Sanitizer. Those with respiratory symptoms, or those who have traveled within the last 14 days to impacted areas or had possible exposure to COVID-19 are not allowed in the building.
Probate Court exercises jurisdiction in:
- probate of wills
- administration of estates
- appointment of guardians
- involuntary hospitalization of incapacitated adults and other dependent individuals
This court also:
- administers oaths of office
- issues marriage licenses
- issues weapons carry licenses
- issues certificates of residency
- issues permits for fireworks displays (Application for Fireworks Displays)
- performs background checks for Weapons Carry Licenses, adoptions, and guardianship's.
Please Note: The Probate office is accepting Marriage License Applications and Weapons Carry License Applications Monday through Friday only from 8:30AM-4:30PM.