ANNOUNCEMENT: In Observation of the Independence Day Holiday,
Glynn County Probate Court will be closed Monday July 5, 2021 and will reopen for our regular business hours Tuesday July 6, 2021. We at Probate Court hope you have a safe Memorial Day, a day in remembrance of those who gave all! - Judge Duncan, and Staff
Help us keep our Employees and Customers Safe!
ALL PARTIES VISITING OUR BUILDING ARE ENCOURAGED TO
CONTINUE TO WEAR A MASK AT THIS TIME!
The Glynn County Probate Court remains open to serve our citizens; however, the safety and welfare of our citizens, employees and those persons using the court system is critical.
Final Order Extending Declaration of Statewide Judicial Emergency having been filed
June 7, 2021. This Statewide Judicial Emergency has terminated on June 30, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
Applications for Marriage License and Weapons Carry License,
New and Renewal, are by appointment only!
IF YOUR WEAPONS CARRY LICENSE EXPIRED PRIOR TO JUNE 29, 2021, YOU HAVE 120 DAYS, AFTER THE EXPIRATION DATE ON YOUR LICENSE, TO RENEW— YOUR LICENSE IS STILL VALID DURING THIS 120 DAY PERIOD
Appointments for Marriage License and Weapons Carry License Applications can be made by calling the License Department (912) 554-7235 or by email:
* In effort to protect our Employees and Customers, entry to this building is restricted ONLY to Necessary visitors.
Probate Court exercises jurisdiction in:
- probate of wills
- administration of estates
- appointment of guardians
- involuntary hospitalization of incapacitated adults and other dependent individuals
This court also:
- administers oaths of office
- issues marriage licenses
- issues weapons carry licenses
- issues certificates of residency
- issues permits for fireworks displays (Application for Fireworks Displays)
- performs background checks for Weapons Carry Licenses, adoptions, and guardianship's.
Please Note: The Probate office is accepting Marriage License Applications and Weapons Carry License Applications Monday through Friday only from 8:30AM-4:30PM.